- نظرة عامة:
- This resource provides a variety of information and activities that teachers may like to use with their students to explore the Islamic Middle East collections at the V&A. It can be used to support learning in Maths and Art. Included in this resource are sections on:
Principles of Islamic art and design
Activities to do in the museum
Activities to do back at school
Islamic art explores the geometric systems that depend upon the regular division of the circle and the study of Islamic art increases appreciation and understanding of geometry. The use of these geometric systems creates a harmony among Islamic decorative arts and architecture, which is consistent with the Islamic belief that all creation is harmoniously interrelated.
Approaching an abstract subject in a concrete way provides a means of extending maths into other curriculum areas. The context of the Museum expands and enriches students' appreciation of the application of geometry in a cultural context and develops the sense of different cultural identities. Students have the opportunity to become familiar with the relationship between geometry and design and this can give confidence to students who have never seen themselves as 'good at art'.
- المدرسة الابتدائية القسم الأعلى, المدرسة الإعدادية
- نوع المادة:
- Activity/Lab, Diagram/Illustration
- Victoria and Albert Museum
- Provider Set:
- المؤلفون الأفراد
- Date Added:
- صيغة الوسائط:
- مستندات قابلة للتنزيل, رسوم/صور, نص/لغة رقم النص الفائق HTML
No evaluations yet.