- This activity explores the main algorithms that are used as the basis for searching on computers, using different variations on the game of battleships. This activity demonstrates three search methods for finding information in data: linear searching, binary searching and hashing. It also includes an optional introductory activity as well as a video showing a fun demonstration related to the same content.
- Upper Primary, Middle School, High School
- Material Type:
- Activity/Lab, Game, Lesson Plan, Simulation
- Brian Mason Scientific and Technical Trust, Computer Science Unplugged, Google Inc., Ian Witten, Jane McKenzie, Mike Fellows, Robyn Adams, Tim Bell
- ComPADRE Digital Library
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives
- English, French, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Turkish
- Media Format:
- Downloadable docs, Text/HTML
No evaluations yet.
Add important feedback and this resource.