- Short exercise designed to give students practice in determining what information is needed to answer a question, estimating an answer, and calculating an answer (including unit conversions and scientific notation). Emphasizes the relevance of large numbers to society (population, debt, etc).
- Community College / Lower Division, College / Upper Division, Career / Technical
- Material Type:
- Activity/Lab, Lecture Notes
- Alan Whittington
- Science Education Resource Center (SERC) at Carleton College
- Provider Set:
- Teach the Earth
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0
- Media Format:
No evaluations yet.
Add important feedback and this resource.