- Ever wonder how a compass worked to point you to the Arctic? Explore the interactions between a compass and bar magnet, and then add the earth and find the surprising answer! Vary the magnet's strength, and see how things change both inside and outside. Use the field meter to measure how the magnetic field changes.
- High School
- Material Type:
- Archie Paulson, Carl Wieman, Chris Malley, Danielle Harlow, Kathy Perkins, Michael Dubson
- University of Colorado Boulder
- Provider Set:
- PhET Interactive Simulations
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States
- English, Albanian, Arabic, Basque, Cambodian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, Georgian, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Laotian, Latvian Lettish, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Marathi, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Technical requirements:
- JAVA, Java
- Media Format:
- Interactive, Text/HTML
No evaluations yet.
Add important feedback and this resource.