- This lesson focuses on the story of Malala Yousafzai, a 14-year-old Pakistani girl whose public stance in favor of the education of girls made her the target of a Taliban assassination attempt in October 2012. The lesson has students learn a little about Pakistan, and read and discuss Malala's blog. Because the context of the story is important and complex, background information is provided.
- High School
- Material Type:
- Activity/Lab, Lecture, Lesson Plan, Simulation
- Morningside Center for Teaching Social Responsibility
- Provider Set:
- Teachable Moment
- Date Added:
- Fair Use Guidelines for Education
- Media Format:
- Graphics/Photos, Text/HTML, Video
No evaluations yet.
Add important feedback and this resource.