- This kit covers stereotyping of Arab people, the Arab/Israeli conflict, the war in Iraq and militant Muslim movements. Students will learn core information and vocabulary about the historical and contemporary Middle East issues that challenge stereotypical, simplistic and uninformed thinking, and political and ethical issues involving the role of media in constructing knowledge, evaluating historical truths, and objectivity and subjectivity in journalism.
- High School
- Material Type:
- Activity/Lab, Homework/Assignment, Lesson Plan, Reading, Teaching/Learning Strategy, Unit of Study
- Sox Sperry & Chris Sperry
- Ithaca College
- Provider Set:
- Project Look Sharp
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0
- Media Format:
- Audio, Downloadable docs, Graphics/Photos, Text/HTML, Video
No evaluations yet.
Add important feedback and this resource.