- In this activity related to computer programming, learners give directions to a "robot" (either an adult or another learner) and find out which instructions the robot is able to follow, and how their instructions are taken literally. This activity will simulate how computers follow instructions very precisely, which can be frustrating at times. This activity also helps learners understand instruction set size (large complex vs. small efficient).
- Lower Primary, Upper Primary, Middle School, High School
- Material Type:
- Activity/Lab, Lesson Plan, Simulation
- Brian Mason Scientific and Technical Trust, Computer Science Unplugged, Google Inc., Jason Clutterbuck, Richard Nelson, Sebastian Hhna, Sebastian Hí_hna, Stefan Marks, Wilson Siringoringo
- Computer Science Unplugged, Science and Math Informal Learning Educators (SMILE)
- Provider Set:
- Computer Science Unplugged, SMILE Pathway: Science and Math Activities in One Search
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives
- Media Format:
- Downloadable docs, Text/HTML
No evaluations yet.
Add important feedback and this resource.