- How did Rutherford figure out the structure of the atom without being able to see it? Simulate the famous experiment in which he disproved the Plum Pudding model of the atom by observing alpha particles bouncing off atoms and determining that they must have a small core.
- High School, Community College / Lower Division
- Material Type:
- Carl Wieman, Chris Malley, Kathy Perkins, Michael Dubson, Sam McKagan, Wendy Adams
- University of Colorado Boulder
- Provider Set:
- PhET Interactive Simulations
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution
- Media Format:
- Interactive, Text/HTML
No evaluations yet.