- This lesson focuses on the music and poetry of Afghanistan, but teachers may conduct an analysis on global music in any given period of history, depending on what is pertinent to the grade level. Students will take into consideration important political events or conflicts, the ruling party of the area, the belief systems in place, and specific cultural features. Students will also learn to identify traditional musical instruments, consider the value of oral traditions, study the ghazal as a form of poetry and song, while creating their own musical works and poetry.
- Upper Primary, Middle School, High School
- Material Type:
- Activity/Lab, Lecture, Lesson Plan, Teaching/Learning Strategy
- KQED Education
- Provider Set:
- KQED Education Network
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial Share Alike
- Media Format:
- Audio, Downloadable docs, Graphics/Photos, Text/HTML, Video
No evaluations yet.